Ogechi Ikediobi, MD, PhD
Dr. Ogechi Ikediobi (E-K-D-O-B) earned her undergraduate degree in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharm.D.) from Florida A&M University (1998-2003). She then received her Ph.D. in Molecular Biology and Pharmacogenomics at the University of Cambridge (Cambridge, UK) and the National Cancer Institute (Bethesda, MD, USA) (2003-2008). After five years of a wonderful academic career as a professor of pharmacogenomics at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), she realized her passion for improving the health and wellbeing of human beings would best be realized as a Physician, so she pivoted and earned her MD at UCSF (2014-2018). Dr. Ikediobi completed her intern year in internal medicine at Highland Hospital in Oakland, CA. As a Dermatology Resident Physician at the University of California, San Diego (2019-2022), she trained with internationally renowned experts in the fields of pediatric, medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology.
Since skin diseases mirror the state of one’s internal health, as a dermatologist, she is privileged to help her patients achieve optimal health through holistic and personalized treatment plans.
Areas of particular interest for Dr. Ikediobi include comprehensive pediatric/adolescent, adult, and geriatric dermatologic care.
- Skin cancer (melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma) prevention and treatment
- Surgical dermatology
- General dermatology (acne, rosacea, alopecia, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, hyperhidrosis)
- Complex medical dermatology (autoimmune blistering disease, connective tissue disease, hidradenitis suppurativa)
- Scar revision (acne scars, keloids)
- Cosmetic dermatology (botulinum toxin injections, filler, laser, and chemical peels)
Dr. Ikediobi enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and their two children on her off time. She is a certified Ayurveda Wellness Counselor, avid practitioner of Yoga, passionate about holistic health care practices, and has published a novel in 2016 called, Mrs. Okonkwo.
Additional languages: Spanish, Igbo, Dutch