May Is National Skin Cancer and Melanoma Awareness Month!
With over 5 million cases diagnosed in the United States each year, skin cancer is America’s most common cancer. Fortunately, skin cancer is also one of the most preventable cancers.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer by the age of 70.
- An estimated 1.8 Million cases of Skin Cancer are diagnosed each year.
- Which is about 205 cases diagnosed every hour.
- Having 5 or more sunburns doubles your risk for melanoma.
- When detected early, the 5-year survival rate for melanoma is 99 percent.
- Melanoma is the most deadly form of skin cancer.
Golden State Dermatology will be sharing all month-long facts about the dangers of unprotected sun exposure, tips, and stories. We encourage you, your family, and your friends to book an annual skin check to find warning signs and changes. Take action on your skin health today by booking your annual skin exam with one of our board-certified dermatologists.