As we get ready for the summer and fun in the sun, one item you should be stocking up on is sunscreen for you and the family. But you might be wondering: which sunscreen is right for me?
GSD has got you covered! We’ve compiled a list of our dermatologists’ top picks for sunscreen for different skin types, lifestyles, and everything in between.
A couple of quick points we just have to make:
- A quality SPF can reduce your skin cancer risk and slow down the signs of premature aging. Sunscreen is one of the best ways to protect your skin, regardless of skin tone.
- It’s important to understand the difference between physical and chemical sunscreens. The key difference between these types of sunscreens lies in how they block rays. Physical (mineral) sunscreens sit on the surface of your skin and act as a shield, while chemical sunscreens sink into your skin and act more like a sponge.
Now, with a brief understanding of the importance and difference in the type of sunscreens, below are our top recommended sunscreen picks:
- EltaMD UV Sheer
- Obagi Sunshield Matte
- EltaMD UV Daily with hyaluronic acid
- Alastin Hydratint Sunscreen
- EltaMD UV Clear
- EltaMD UV Active All Physical Sunscreen
- EltaMD UV Sport SPF 50 (comes with a convenient pump to quickly apply to the whole family)
Mature, Sun-Damaged, Hyperpigmented Skin:
- EltaMD UV Restore 100% mineral sunscreen with Squalene
Post Cosmetic Procedure:
- EltaMD UV Physical
- Alastin Silkshield
- EltaMD UV Elements All Physical
- Alastin Silk Shield (19% zinc)
- EltaMD UV Pure
No Makeup-Makeup look with SPF:
- Alastin Hydratint
- Obagi Sunshield tint (warm or cool tint).
- EltaMD UV daily tinted.
- EltaMD UV Sheer
- EltaMD UV Active
- EltaMD UV Sport
Lastly, don’t forget your lips!
- EltaMD UV Lip Balm
These products are available at your local Golden State Dermatology practice! Stop in or book an appointment with one of our skincare product experts for a complimentary consultation to find your perfect shade and formula.